Sunday, June 11, 2006

Going To Greensboro

For the next week, I will be at the SBC Convention in Greensboro, NC. Once I return, I will update my blog with plenty of stuff that happened. Until then I thought I would post some good Southern Baptist Mission Information. I got an email thanking our church for our giving to the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. I'm glad to see some positive things are happening. Here is the thank-you from Larry Riley, Director of Church Services.

"Thank you for giving through the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering to reach a lost world! We are excited to report that Southern Baptists gave a record amount – $137,939,677.59 – through the 2005 offering. Your faithful giving enables us and more than 5,100 colleagues to continue our work and to support new colleagues coming to join our efforts. Lives have been changed because of your giving. Last year we, along with our overseas partners, baptized more than 459,000 new believers and planted 17,000-plus churches. Also, 137 people groups had access to the Gospel for the first time. I am grateful for your faithfulness! Please continue to partner with us to complete the unfinished task."

A word from Jerry Rankin, President of the Internation Mission Board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home