Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ann Graham Lotz On Revival

(I read this article by Ann Graham Lotz on revival and thougth you would enjoy reading it. I have copied only a small portion of it so that you can get an idea of what she is talking about. You can read the full article by clicking on "The Full Article" at the end of this section. - OKpreacher)

"The revival I long for"
by Anne Graham Lotz

"I long for…
… the wind of his Spirit to breathe calmness
into the chaos of my life.
… the fullness of his wisdom to order the thoughts in my mind.
… the sufficiency of his strength to undergird
the weakness of my body.
… the abundance of his blessing to saturate
the poverty of my spirit.
… the joy of his will to give rich pleasure to my journey.
… the refuge of his arms to shield me from my fears.
… the gentleness of his touch to reawaken the feelings of my heart.
… the compassion of his heart to enfold me and hold me close.
I long to see Jesus … again."


That’s personal revival to me! The revival I long for is not a tent meeting. It is not a series of church services designed to save the lost. It has been described as …
“Breathing the breath of God”
“God purifying his Church.”
“People saturated with God.”
“The in rush of the Spirit into a body that threatens to become a corpse.”
“A work of God’s Spirit among his own people … what we call revival is simply
New Testament Christianity, the saints getting back to normal.”

What is revival to you? Just the word, revival, can provoke images of sawdust trails, emotional outbursts, off-key singing, finger-pointing preaching, and hell-fire praying. But that’s not the personal revival that God is calling you and me to experience.

Personal revival is Jesus in you, around you, through you, under you, over you, before you, and behind you. Personal revival is just Jesus. Jesus on your mind, Jesus filling your heart, and Jesus overflowing from your lips.

So center down. Be still. Listen with the ears of your heart. Can you hear him? The still, small voice of God is calling you to see Jesus – again. He is calling you to an experience of personal revival. Here. Now. Calling you to greatness in ministry.

The Full Article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home