Tuesday, March 14, 2006

He Is Here

(I wrote this about a year ago and thought it would be a good reminder that as a believer Christ promises to never leave us. -OKpreacher)

Matthew 18:20 b: “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Jesus gives this promise to His followers. Jesus had told them that they were now to go to work for Him. They were to make disciples, to baptize, and to teach. They weren’t to do any of these things alone; they were to hold onto the promise that in everything they did, He would be with them. The disciples had seen for three years that Jesus was the source of their strength, He was their friend, and He was their Lord. Since Jesus was leaving for heaven what would things be like now? Jesus promises them that, He will be closer than ever before. Jesus, through His Holy Spirit is with every believer.
Just this morning I was struggling with the lack of feelings of intimacy with Christ. I was making sure that my sins were confessed and this text came to mind. I’m with you always. If we feel it or don’t feel it, He is with every one of His followers. In the morning and through the night, He is there. My greatest hope as His follower is this, My Lord never forsakes me. My prayer for you and for me is that we will become increasingly thankful for and aware of the abiding presence of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is with you always!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home