Saturday, March 11, 2006

Why I Am A Southern Baptist - Part II

By: OKpreacher


The reason that I am a Southern Baptist is not only their commitment to missions, but because of their commitment to the message of Christ. As a Christian, I hold to the truth of scripture since it is God’s Word. 2 Timothy 3:16 says that all scripture is inspired by God. Therefore, I wanted to be apart of a denomination that believes that the Bible is God’s Word and that the Bible has authority for our practice of godliness. I have found such a place in the Southern Baptist Convention. As a Christian I find the Baptist Faith and Message to be very helpful in my understanding of basic Christian doctrines. I whole heartedly agree with the way that Southern Baptists view salvation. Salvation is in Christ alone, by grace alone, through faith alone. It is the message of Christ that compels me to be a Southern Baptist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home