Friday, February 11, 2005

Don't Believe the Lie!

By RDB

Ephesians 5: 15-17, “So be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do.’

I want to share with you one of the biggest struggles for me that has become one of the biggest victories in my life. I realized that I had been deceived into thinking that I could act however I wanted and not pay a price for it. Not having to pay a price for our actions in essence makes them “free”. All of us want to be free. Free to do and think without paying a price for those actions and thoughts. I was playing an internet game and I had a code name. When my partner in spades made a mistake I griped him out in a way I wouldn’t have if my name had been known. So why did I gripe my partner out? I thought I could get away with it. Ever wonder why people act one way in public and then a different way in private? They think they can get away without consequences. What I have realized is that there is no such thing as “free” actions. What I do does matter, especially as a believer in Christ. I will be so bold to say, “To live your life without taking responsibility for all your actions is to live a deprived lifestyle.” There is no free time from doing the right things. There is no free time from the Christian life. Since Jesus is my Lord and He is light, then all of my actions are known. Therefore, I am responsible for what I do. So when I’m tempted to do something that I would be ashamed of or having to pay the consequence for, I stay away from it. The truth is this: God always knows and the consequence must be paid. I believe many of us would live differently if we realized that we really are responsible for what we do. The great news is that when you take responsibility for your actions then you can find true forgiveness and cleansing in Christ. So don’t believe the lie, there are no “free” acts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home