Thursday, February 10, 2005

"Made To Witness"

by:RDB

Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”


I want to share with you a burden on my heart. If you are like me, I don’t share my faith much. I talk about it and I know I should, but most of the time I live silently. Lately, I have been reading through Acts and I am going to write down some of the truths that are transforming my life. Acts 1:8 is where I want to start. We live in a time where the popular catch phrase in Christianity is worship, but I don’t hear much about witnessing. Don’t get me wrong, I believe as John Piper has said, “Worship is the goal of witnessing.” But this in no way negates the fact that the church was founded to witness. Jesus said you will be my witnesses. The purpose of the disciples as well as ours isn’t to just worship God, but to give a witness of God. What I am saying is this, “I have rejected my purpose on earth if I don’t see myself as God’s witness.” Not only do I reject my purpose but I also reject the Power of God’s Spirit on my life if I don’t see myself as God’s witness. After all, Jesus does say that the power of God’s Spirit is for witnessing. I am challenging you and me to realize that our purpose is to provide a powerful witness of Christ to our world. If you aren’t living for this then you aren’t living for Christ. Therefore, be a witness of Christ to the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home