Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Living in the Land of Lips

Living In the Land of Lips
By RDB

Mark 7:6-8, “He (Jesus) answered them, “Isaiah prophesied correctly about you hypocrites, as it is written: These people honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. They worship Me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commands of men. Disregarding the command of God, you keep the tradition of men.”

For most of us in the church, we are living in the land of lips. On Sunday mornings I hear people honor God with their lips, but their hearts are far from God. How do I know this, because many times it is my lips and my heart that is far from God. Many of us know what we have been taught about the Bible and worship and we can talk a great game, but there seems to be no power in it. It is like a hologram. It looks real, but there is no substance to it. I believe that we must pull out the real measuring stick of scripture and stop looking at what we say, but start looking at what we are doing. Here are some thoughts to consider. Is God the highest love and priority in my life? Do I love and serve people? Is there anyone I need to forgive or seek forgiveness from? How many people have I shared Christ with today? Am I more Christlike today than yesterday? Do I seek after God with all my heart? Is there a big or small sin that I’m holding on to that God has already convicted me of once? When we come to God, He is looking at the lips of your heart more than the lips of your mouth. What have your lips told God today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home