Saturday, June 16, 2007

Am I A Southern Baptist: Introduction

A Southern Baptist is a person who is a member of a local Southern Baptist Church. By definition, I’m a Southern Baptist and have been one for a long time. So what is my problem? My problem is that many of my beliefs and practices that I consider Biblical are no longer accepted by many leading Southern Baptists. I find myself losing the ability to be useful to my convention and God’s Kingdom at the same time. Matter of fact, many in SBC leadership would like for Southern Baptists like me to be quiet, do nothing, and just give to the cooperative program while allowing them to create a new Southern Baptist identity. My hope is whoever has leadership in the SBC would realize the need for Southern Baptists like me. I invite you to come along on the journey with me. Examine my beliefs and practices to see if I can still be considered a value to the Southern Baptist Convention. Examine your own beliefs and let me know how I can help you along your journey of being obedient to God’s Will in your own life.

Preview of my next article:

I believe the Bible is God’s Word, therefore, it is completely true and our main guide for living life God’s way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home