Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pat On The Back: The Life Of Dr. Bill Tanner

With Dr. Bill Tanner going to be with the Lord I want to send out a special "Pat on the Back" in recognition of the impact that he had on my life and the life of so many others. I don't know of any person that could say they out loved Dr. Tanner. He loved life, laughter, his family, Southern Baptists, and most of all his Lord. When I think of what a Southern Baptist should be, I think of Dr. Tanner. He served so others might come to know Christ. He had the ability to use laughter to teach and help people focus on what is most important in life. I always felt better after having talked to Dr. Tanner and he always gave great advice when I needed it. I'm thankful that I knew Dr. Tanner as a teacher but even more as a friend. Dr. Tanner should be remembered for what he was, a servant of God. Dr. Tanner would tell anyone that he couldn't have done anything without his dear wife Ellen. She is one incredible lady. I encourage everyone to pray for her and the Tanner family during this time. Short Bio of Dr. Tanner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home