Sunday, February 26, 2006

Be Fresh

God wants fresh obedience and fresh commitment. God challenged me with the thought of, "God wants a fresh act of obedience as my sacrifice to Him. It doesn't matter what victories that I have had in the past. Ask yourself, “What I'm I giving to the Lord today?” God doesn't just want my life yesterday, but He wants my life today." Think about it, who wants something that isn't fresh. When you buy fruit at the grocery story, you look for the fruit that is the most fresh. When you buy flowers for the one you love, you don't buy flowers that are old, but those that are fresh. Why do we thing that God is satisfied with our old obedience. In 1 Samuel 15, King Saul, who had many victories in the Lord, disobeyed the Lord. Samuel the prophet tells him in verses 22 and 23, "Does the Lord take pleasure in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He has rejected you as King." Saul was rejected because he didn't offer to the Lord fresh obedience. God is worthy of a fresh commitment of your life daily. As a pastor, I have heard so many people talk about things they did for God as though they had given God everything He wanted and now they were free to live as they want. We need to understand this, God is the Lord of today and only fresh obedience is valid. I challenge you to make your relationship with the Lord fresh by giving Him your life today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home