Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Choice

I heard a sermon by Stephen Olford on Sermon Index called, "The Demands of Discipleship". One of the points that he made was that the Christian life is grounded in a choice. Galatians 2:20 says, "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." Stephen says that Paul found that the choice is "Not I, but Christ". There must be a total surrender of self to Christ. Paul says his flesh has been put to death in Christ. He no longer lives, but Christ lives in him. The key to the Christian life is, "Not I, but Christ." The problem is that most of us chose, "Not Christ, but I." We reject Christ, by holding on to us. I was convicted by the realization that I really only have two choices, "Not Christ, but I" or "Not I, but Christ." I encourage you to make the choice to live, "Not I, but Christ."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home