Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pastor Has Church Member Arrested

Please read the full story.

As a pastor, I have struggled with the question of what to do with a member who stands against the vision God has given you for the church. Normally, I start by listening to the criticism and see if I missed something or if there is a way to do something better. I pray for the person who does the criticizing and try to protect my fellowship with them. I realize that if agreement can't be made between the preacher and the critic then the church will be hurt.

According to the information given, I believe the pastor went too far in having the member arrested for showing up to the church. There are cases where calling for the police is the right thing to do as in the situation that you feel the member is a physical danger to themselves or someone else. Otherwise, leave the police out of your squabble with church members.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home